Like a lot of wife/mom’s I am the primary grocery shopper.
Okay, actually if I let my husband shop we would be broke and hungry 😉 I kid. Kind of.
We have been talking a lot lately about getting back on the debt free road. Since buying the house last year and so many projects we’ve kind of fallen off track. Like we heard on a Dave Ramsey talk show session this last weekend “we are letting our money flow out of our hands like a sieve. ” And I have to admit our grocery money is all over the place.
1. Multiple grocery trips (I do menu plan but sometimes we go with what we are hungry for vs what I’ve already planned out and therefore are running to the store more times than needed).
2. Out to eat. Which is partly my fault for not having food prepped. Naturally we are on the go a lot and ended up ‘losing track of the time.’
1. Decided on a GROCERY budget and keep receipts…to explain: I get a certain amount each month and out of that I use it for everything- groceries, amazon, out to eat, art supplies, etc.
2. Meal prep. Especially for the weekend.
3. Continue meal planning – with at least 2 ‘extra’ meals to switch out if needed.
4. Freezer cooking .
I bought this box at Costco (=6 Kroger boxes) for $10.99
I need to keep myself accountable so I’m typing it out here 🙂 Happy to have anyone join in if you need the challenge too, or share your meal plan in the comments.
Do you have a grocery budget? What is it and how many people are in your family?